8/22/07

Newsflash: Cary Government Upgrades to New Automated Ignoring System !!

I wish I had paid closer attention to local elections in the past, I never realized how much fun I was missing.

The latest last-ditch campaign stunt by the Ernie-bots was to announce a new web-based public forum for Cary residents to voice their opinions about upcoming development proposals. Read about it in the N&O.

For the last four years, Cary citizens have shown up in person at town council meetings to voice their opinions, and have been summarily ignored. Now we get to pay $25,000 so that we can be ignored online. Only in America, or rather, only in Cary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both requested developments from the N&O article have an opposition of over 70% so far. To a reasonable person, that would indicate that these developments would not go forward. However, if the developers are willing to give those 70% people the same amount of money they've given to various officials in Cary, perhaps they would change their minds. I know I would. I have no principles, and it would allow me to move somewhere else.

rich--'cause i can't remember my google acct off-hand