1/19/07

Where's a Friend When You Need One

After the bond passed, I have periodically gone back and checked the Friends of Wake County website. This group, funded primarily by developers and other special interests who had a financial interest in us paying for more schools, made the same promises the BoE did; To work with citizens and come up with the right solutions for Wake County education. As far as I can tell, their website went dormant two days after the elections. With all the recent press coverage regarding MYR controversy and clashes between the commissioners and the BoE, I have not read a single word about "Friends" of Wake County being involved. I think a lot of voters got hoodwinked by "Friends" rhetoric, they now can feel comfortable that funding is in place so that more schools can be built (and more real estate developed).
If I'm wrong and the FOWKers are still involved, go ahead and tell me so in the comments section [I do not moderate comments].

No comments: